Role: Business Analyst
Location: Des Moines, IA, USA; Remote, USA
- Works collaboratively with clients and stakeholders - both external and internal to the company - to elicit, analyze, validate and document business requirements, and to ensure those requirements clearly reflect true business needs, correctly representing all stakeholders.
- Translates business needs into system/application requirements and project components to help determine solutions to business problems.
- Assists team members in producing functional requirements for product development.
- Proactively identifies and manages changes to requirements and identifies risks for the company’s clients.
- Effectively manages client’s expectations.
- Applies industry and information technology expertise to support proposals, feasibility studies, implementations and new business development.
- Act as a liaison between client and technical solutions/ support groups, using strong communication skills to elicit, document, analyze and validate business processes, systems, and solution requirements.
- Research, identify and specify business solutions to problems.
- Support and conduct visualization, user experience, and configuration elements of solution design including creating mock-ups, prototypes to illustrate the requirements.
- Document user stories and acceptance criteria, refine user stories based on business input, and help plan stories for development based on the agreed upon capacity, goals and priorities for a sprint.
- Lead and facilitate discussions on user stories during sprint refinement and planning sessions.
- Support requirements management and change management processes.
- Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Foresee potential obstacles and challenges, identify root cause and recommend plans to address.
- Assist end users with developing and executing test cases for User Acceptance Testing.
Education And Experience Required
- Typically, a Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of Business Analyst experience
- Experience with Life & Annuity Insurance
Knowledge And Skills
- 2 or more years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies and experience with Agile Sprint ceremonies.
- JIRA experience is a plus.
Essential Skills: requirements determination using structured techniques for documentation, analysis, evaluation/validation; decomposition of high-level information into details; abstracting low-level information; distinguishing requests vs needs; distinguishing requirements vs. solutions; classifying/prioritizing requirements; requirements change management and traceability; identifying risks; applying creativity to solving complex problems; building relationships and working collaboratively; effective verbal/written communication; develop and executing user acceptance test plans, develop structured user manuals and training materials.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying